Is Your Loved One Ready?
At Tranquility, our Personal Care Program ensures that our residents get the assistance they need, through a program designed just for them. We provide all the services essential to our seniors' health and well-being, including:
- Managing medication according to physician's instructions
- Balanced meals and snacks
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Assist to schedule transportation to scheduled activities and shopping
- Assist in scheduling transportation to doctor appointments
It's difficult to know just when you should consider an assisted living facility for your loved one. Listed below are some of the indications that may suggest that it is time to start looking into assisted living.
- Has my loved one ever confused his/her medications, or forgotten to take them?
- Does my loved one sometimes seem needy, lonely or depressed, asking family members to visit more often, or calling more frequently?
- Has my loved one undergone a recent medical crisis that requires some additional attention?
- Do I worry about my loved one being safe while alone at home?
- Does my loved one have multiple medical conditions that should be monitored?
- Does my loved one need help arranging and scheduling medical appointments and transportation?
- Is the companion I hired reliable? What happens if the companion does not show?
- Is my loved one mentally sound, but physically frail?
- Would I feel better if my loved one lived in an environment that offered professional care around the clock, three nutritious meals, and frequent interactions with others?
If you answer "yes" to one or more of these questions, it may be time to contact us.
Making a Decision
Assisted living is a wonderful alternative for many seniors who need more attentive care than can be provided at home. However, making the decision for a loved one is often very difficult and emotional. Often other family members have strong opinions about what is best. However, staying at home is not always the best solution, and many loved ones require more care than you can safely give at home.
At Tranquility, our staff is trained to assess the needs of prospective residents and will give the decision maker an honest evaluation of their loved one’s needs, and whether or not assisted living is the proper solution for them. The realization that someone we love now needs help is painful.
Recognizing that assisted living is not a nursing home and that attentive care in a homelike and supportive environment can actually add years and improve the quality of life is the first step.
Decision-makers often have financial concerns too. Many caretakers are surprised by the affordability of assisted living. In some cases, it is covered by long-term care insurance policies and in some cases, parts of the monthly fee can be tax deductible. In many cases, assisted living can cost far less than having a companion in the home, is more reliable, and provides a broad range of services, which cannot be provided at home.
Many factors are involved in selecting a residence you can entrust to caring for your loved one. Location, services offered, social activities, credentials, and of course, cost can all play a role in your ultimate decision.
At Tranquility, we believe that a fully informed decision-maker will have the knowledge to select Tranquility from among other assisted living residences. Specifically, it is our caring and compassionate staff and atmosphere that sets us apart from our competition.
We encourage you to visit other buildings. We are confident that you will conclude that Tranquility is the assisted living home of choice.
If you have made your decision or have questions contact us.